Friday, April 1, 2011

Remembering Nana

As I sit to write a tribute to RJ's mom, I am bombarded with so many memories and thoughts and feelings. She was both strong and soft, stubborn and giving, and above all, how she loved her family. Her smile when she saw one of her grandchildren would light up a room. And her sorrow in the loss of her twin grandsons was deep. She didn't have much but would have given it all away to help a loved one. She always welcomed a friend as family and cherished our friends' children as her own. She valued honesty and simple living. I am reminded of the song to which she and RJ danced at our wedding, "Simple Man" (the Shinedown version). I feel it truly spoke to how she hoped RJ's life would unfold. Her message to RJ, I believe, is one we can all stand to learn. With the love of family and ourselves we have it all.

Mary Elizabeth Wagner 11/3/46- 3/20/11
My Mother-in-law, my "mom", my friend.

Some photo faves of our time with Nana















1 comment:

Elle said...

She was SO wonderful and I miss her dearly!!